Hi beautiful human and soul,
I’m Cameron Airen, and I help individuals experience deeper intimacy, show up more powerfully, and live a more fulfilling life.
I teach my clients how to manage their mind and emotions, get more in their bodies and listen to their inner wisdom.
I help them get free from internalized oppressive and limiting beliefs and adopt new ones that better serve them.
I guide clients in getting free from feeling like they have to live up to society’s expectations so they can be all of who they are and do all that they’re meant to do in this life.
As a consultant, I help companies, business owners, leaders and creatives integrate a feminist consciousness into their work to be a part of a growing movement of positive social change. The future is a more freeing place and I love supporting caring leaders who want to make a more powerful difference.
There have been many things we have learned throughout our lives about who we are or who we "should" be...
We've learned these things from the adults in our lives growing up, school, peers, society, the media, and systemic oppression
That influence our: minds, bodies, relationships, community, sexuality...
WE have the POWER of our minds and emotions, and how we want to show up in the world.
This is EXCELLENT NEWS
Because it means that no one controls how we think or feel. We do.
You have more power than you think you do.
Isn't that amazing?
You can take your power back and own it for good!
My Experience & Background
I have a master's degree in Anthropology and Social Change from the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, California and a B.A. in Women and Gender Studies at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida.
I have over eight years of experience helping individuals connect to and take care of their bodies, emotions and mental health, and supporting folks to grow more into themselves and create more powerful change in the world. I also have over a decade of experience studying gender, feminism, sexuality and social change and getting free from internalized oppression, and I use this as some of the tools to help my clients experience more freedom in their minds, hearts, bodies, and life.
For over eight years, I worked as a self-employed fitness trainer and long distance running coach. As a fitness trainer, I encountered a lot of harmful messages that the fitness industry sends us every single day. Clients of various gender identities with different goals came to me with similar beliefs and messages that they had internalized about what kind of body they "should" or "shouldn't" have. I knew that I wanted to get to the root of these oppressive beliefs, but didn't know how. Even though it became very clear to me that fitness coaching was not my passion anymore, my desire for getting to the root of our internalized oppression has led me to doing the work that I love doing now.
I have found being a life coach to be an amazing opportunity for me to help and support more people to access their own power and freedom so they can experience more intimacy, connect more to their innate joy, and live a more conscious life.
My coaching always includes the mind, body, spirit AND justice connection to acknowledge ALL parts of who you are and what you experience.
*Friendly Note: I am sex-positive, sex worker-positive, and LGBTQIA+ friendly
10 More Facts About Me
- I was a runner for 20 years from eight years old to 28 yrs old. I've run a number of marathons, including ultras, and even won one once! I took first place for women at a 50k marathon in San Francisco, July 2012. I am also passionate about creating more opportunities for women and nonbinary folks to shine athletically.
- I am an American Ninja Warrior nerd and connoisseur and regularly attend its tapings/events to cheer on the athletes.
- I live nomadically. The first time I set out on my nomadic journey was one of the most vulnerable and transformative times of my life. I've stayed in airbnbs, with friends and family, and housesitted for a lot of friends and strangers in beautiful places. I love being nomadic and traveling, and don't plan on settling down anywhere anytime soon!
- Growing up, I didn't feel completely aligned with the gender that was placed upon me and felt the complexity of my being. On one hand, I was no gender at all and never felt aligned with being assigned one. On another hand, I was passionate about dismantling patriarchy and sexism and wanted to "reclaim women's power". And on the other other hand, I didn't want to be a woman or female. These multiple experiences led me to study gender and feminism and I took to queer feminist theory like my life depended on it. Because, it kind of did.
- Queer feminist theory has given me a language to describe my beliefs and feelings about gender and feminism, and it's where a lot of my work is drawn. You can read more about my gender story here.
- I grew up in a small, mountain town in Colorado. While it was a beautiful place to live, the mountains are not where I feel at home. My soul comes alive when I'm in the desert or at a hot beach.
- I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 8+ years before becoming nomadic.
- I am a Capricorn with a Libra Moon and Cancer Rising (I find astrology fascinating).
- I'm certified in Reiki Level I (I'm rusty on practicing reiki on folks but I do use it as a healing tool for myself).
- Chocolate is the food I live for!
My Professional Bio
Cameron Airen is a coach who works with clients of all genders to help them better manage their mind and emotions, and get in their bodies so they can experience deeper intimacy, show up more powerfully, and live a more fulfilling life. In addition, she works as a consultant with CEOs, companies, solo entrepreneurs and creatives to help them integrate a feminist, social consciousness into their business and work so they can be a part of a growing movement of positive social change.
Cameron has a Masters degree in Anthropology & Social Change from the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco and a B.A. in Women & Gender Studies from Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL.
They have over eight years of experience helping individuals connect to and take care of their bodies, emotions and mental health, and supporting folks to grow more into themselves and create more powerful change in the world. Cameron also has over a decade of experience studying gender, feminism, sexuality and social change and getting free from internalized oppression, which she uses as some of the tools to help her clients experience more freedom in their minds, hearts, bodies, and life.
Cameron was the creator and host of blog and podcast, Real Feminist Stories, where she interviewed over 70 diverse feminists doing amazing things in the world and having important social justice conversations. She was also the creator and host of the weekly Twitter chat #feministstory, and has facilitated feminist spaces and conversations online, and co-facilitated workshops and programs to help folx get free from patriarchy, gender norms, internalized oppression, integrate feminist and social justice values and beliefs into their business, and connect more to their joy. They have also co-facilitated in-person spaces for women to connect more with their sexuality and pleasure.
Her current podcast mirrors her coaching practice helping folks experience greater freedom in their mind, heart, body and spirit and expanding their awareness of justice.
Cam is a digital nomad and works with clients from all over the globe.